Friday, March 7, 2014

SYSTEM OVERLOAD!!!

My best friend made a good analogy today. Both of us have had some really, really tough financial times for about six years. The Recession that is “over” according to the press is still residing in our houses. I believe it remains an unwelcome houseguest in many, many more people’s lives as well. The financial vacuum that the aforementioned recession has created in my life is a load I carry with most days with a minimal amount of grumbling. I try to disassociate myself from the reality and trust God to handle all of it. However, some days, that load, in combination with a certain sphincter here and pain in the neck there, coupled with personal heartache just gets to be overwhelming. So, I had a serious meltdown, which brings me back to the analogy. We take turns with giving each other pep talks and his turn consisted of this: “You have had a whole loaf of crap sandwiches. I know that just when you think you are at the end of the loaf, someone brings a fresh batch for you to finish.” How very well those words describe the situation. I believe that my generation and parts of others bear the scars of this economic boondoogle created by the banks and the greediness of those who were in a position to profit from the decline of our entire infrastructure. It may not be labeled, per se, as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, but it is exactly that condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment