Sunday, December 15, 2013

A TRIBUTE TO RAVEN THE WONDER DOG - 8/04 - 11/13

Last month I lost my big baby dog Raven. I can't tell you haw much it hurt. She was a member of the family and will be sorely missed. We drove to Franklin, TN to get her in 2006. Her family had broken up and she needed a good home. The minute I got out of the car, she ran to me. She leaned against me and was ready to go home with me. I knew then, she was the one. She knew I would be her Momma. She was the best dog. For a long time, she was the only one. She helped me through some serious sorrow and crisis. She always knew when it was time to jump up in the bed and comfort me. Later, as we added other rescues to our family, she felt a little left out. However, she took it in stride and became Queen of the dogs. She was the undisputed alpha. She decided when to go out, when to eat, when to sleep. She was in charge. She had gotten sick over the summer. I nursed her and paid a huge vet bill. I thought she was all better. She was fine on Friday. She was chasing squirrels on Saturday. (She really did not like squirrels.) Sunday, she seemed okay. I came home Monday evening. I sat down and she came over and put her head in my lap. She seemed to be saying that she had to go, she couldn't do this life anymore. I couldn't believe she was very sick. I thought to take her to the vet in the morning. She was struggling to breathe through the night. The only time she could get a little comfortable was when I would brush her. She died at 6:20 that Tuesday morning, breaking my heart in two.

No comments:

Post a Comment