Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Only In New York

The rude and thoughtless ones in New York are once again showing how crass and unacceptable their ideas and behavior can be. It seems that McDonalds is calling the cops to remove seniors from the restaurant if they sit in the establishment and socialize for more than 20 minutes. Good idea guys, don't worry, you will never get old. You will never need to have respect in your advanced years. You will stay young forever, especially in the light of how you know everything and tell us all how to live. I was taught to respect my elders. We all will age,it is inevitable. We slow down. We need help in doing things that used to be easy. We begin to truly value the friends we have left to us. I have owned restaurants. I have worked in restaurants, both as a manager and as an accountant behind the scenes. Here in Georgia, I have never heard of the cops being called to round up a rowdy bunch of seniors drinking coffee and having a bite in a dining establishment. I hope I never do. To forget and devalue the ones who came before you is to lose humanity and knowledge. Our seniors are one of our greatest assets. We would do well to remember their contribution and give them the respect they so richly deserve. http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post--mcdonalds-resolves-standoff-with-lingering-elderly

No comments:

Post a Comment