Saturday, January 4, 2014

Goodbye (and Good Riddance) to 2013!

Hello 2014 Normally, I resent the coming of a new year. I just about have the old year under control, then I have to start over. However, 2013 was not a banner year for me or many others I have polled. So, adios to a dysfunctional year. Perhaps, it was the number 13 that tainted the year. Then again, maybe not, I am not a superstitious person as a rule. (However, I will eat the traditional New Year’s Day meal without fail. I missed it one time and had the worst financial year of my life, up until the 2008 recession and beyond anyway.) I welcome 2014. I feel like it will be a banner year. The only thing that I hate is that Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Nutra System, Special K, and every other kind of diet system or food could not even wait until the ball dropped to start touting its laurels. I believe healthy living is a daily choice. 365 days of the year make the right choices and exercise for the right reasons. Then there will be no need to start a routine at the new year. Now the gym I go to will be full of folks with good intentions. They will take up space until old habits return. Hopefully, some will make it a habit. I don’t mind that, but I do get sick of the TV commercials, the magazine articles etc. Leave us alone, stop putting all that propaganda out there, and leave the Valentine’s Day stuff alone until at least late January. I had to throw that one in there. All this retail stuff is just getting old. They have already overdone Christmas. Give it a rest. Anyway, I hope this year lives up to expectations for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment